<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 26, 2003

I have finally yielded to the pressure of my generation -- or a very particular subset of my generation paradoxically given to extremes of earnestness and irony -- and started a blog. Estimated total audience: under a dozen. On a big day.

In Douglas Coupland's Generation X, his characters have a rule that they tell each other stories and the others are not allowed to interrupt. I thought that was incredibly self-indulgent and ludicrous of Coupland, and hoped that Gen X wasn't so hopeless that it would engage in one-sided conversations with itself. Of course, about ten years later, I find myself writing a diary for public consumption. Somehow I doubt that blogging will ever be superior to the average coffeehouse conversation with my friends; but on the other hand, I particularly like coffeehouse conversations.

But the other purpose of this blog is this: I find myself thinking odd thoughts during the day, while I'm trying my damndest to incessantly bill hours. I surf odd web sites, I jot down odd questions. It's a pressure valve that can (on some days) keep me from putting my fist through a wall. It occurred to me that I might enjoy actually keeping these random thoughts all in one easy-to-follow place.

Anger management in an easy-to-read form. Enjoy.

 10:24 PM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?