<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 20, 2003

After an interesting e-mail from Mom, I would like to back off my "shut the hell up" stance. There is some value in pointing out Bush's lies. And it is always safe to say that your alternative is "to not lie."

But if you're bitching about his lies and disastrous policies without offering an alternative -- that is, without putting your ideas into the ring for comment and criticism -- you're not being one tenth as effective as you could be. You're starting down the road to becoming one of the "nattering nabobs of negativism."

And this isn't just political candidates I'm talking about -- though it especially applies to them. I want every living American to try to figure out what we should do in Iraq.

Basically, I'm fed up with the negative viewpoint. I have little use for people that are willing to oppose something without believing in something in return.

"A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink." W.C. Fields

 2:42 PM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?