<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I had a dream last night that Dubya called me up to congratulate me for something -- I don't remember what -- and that I asked him why his administration lied so much. He was astonished, because (of course) he doesn't read the papers and doesn't know that anyone is telling lies, or obfuscating, or anything like that. Curious that in my dream, Dubya was a genuinely nice guy who was being misled by his handlers, our own Lord Theoden with Grima Wormtongue Cheney whispering in his ear.

Funny that I then discover that the White House boldly embellished the story of Bush's trip to Baghdad airport at Thanksgiving. When I read the account, I was particularly taken with the part of the story about the British Airways pilot. Now the White House is frantically revising the story, but still can't revise it enough to make it technically true in some limited, face-saving manner. The Thanksgiving trip to Baghdad wasn't cool enough, so they had to lie about a fictional encounter with the British Airways plane. Boosted the dramatic tension and what not.

I tell you -- if that sumbitch comes back tonight in another dream, I'm a gonna kick his ass. Unless he brings his usual 8000 bodyguards.

Finally, at long last sir, have you no decency?

 12:29 PM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?