<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

News

We have reports from home -- as yet unconfirmed -- that the little guy has taken a step. It's just one step, but it was a full step forward from the unsupported vertical position. We will, of course, keep you posted as events develop.

You know, it has made me notice the act of walking as I stride purposefully around the office this afternoon. I am so excited about the thought of my son's first step, and yet I take a step a million times every day.

And then my mind starts to go through the looking-glass, thinking about how odd it is that someone was so proud of my first step, and wondering when my parents stopped marveling at my locomotion. And then I think about how walking will someday be passe for my son, and wonder when I'll stop noticing.



 4:20 PM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?