<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 17, 2004

You savor them, like chocolates. There's part of you that wants to gobble them all up at once, but the higher, better part of your brain wants to extend the pleasure by saving each one for the perfect occasion.

No, I'm not talking about the now-daily revelations that the Bush administration is incompetent, such as today's double-doozies that (1) Rumsfeld ordered a captive be "ghosted" -- held without a record of his presence -- so that the Red Cross would not know of his existence, and then we "lost" him for many months; or (2) that the 9/11 commission has now stated what was known all along by the people that bother to read the newspaper: that there is no link between al-Qaeda and Iraq.

No, no, those are sour pickles, a sort of Tapas bar for the soul.

I'm talking about "The Office." I want to watch them all, right now, RIGHT NOW, but I can't bear to watch them, because every time I watch an episode that's one I won't have to look forward to.

Television so good it hurts.

 10:11 AM

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?